Hoosier Salon- New Harmony Art Gallery
507 E. Church St., New Harmony, Indiana 47631
The Hoosier salon features the work of Indiana artists working in realistic and impressionistic styles. They also run children’s and adult art classes.
The Hoosier Salon legacy began in 1925 when the Daughters of Indiana opened the doors to the first exhibition at Marshall Fields and Company Galleries in Chicago. The high quality of art was applauded by critics and the public alike, the first exhibition included works by such notables as T.C. Steele, J. Ottis Adams and Will Vawter, and was an unqualified success.
In 1940 the annual exhibit moved from Chicago to downtown Indianapolis. The Annual Exhibition was shown annually for the past 30 years at the Indiana State Museum and in 2012 will move to the Eugene and Marilyn Glick History Center. The Hoosier Salon galleries in Broad Ripple, New Harmony and Wabash, also host over thirty special shows each year.