- This event has passed.
Beginning Weaving Classes
Mar 11 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Raintree Cottage Textile School and the Indiana Arts Commission are co-sponsoring a series of beginning Weaving classes at the Working Mens’ Institute, Friday mornings from March 11 thru April 15, for area residents of retirement age or above.
This series of classes is designed for seniors to learn a new skill in the textile arts.
No prior experience in weaving or textile arts required. Come, learn, and enjoy sharing ideas and creativity with others in your age group.
• Learn how to weave your own designs
• Looms and supplies are all provided
• Friday mornings, 10 to 12, March 11 through April 15, 2022
• Instructor: Peggy Taylor, of Raintree Cottage Textile School
• Location: Working Men’s Institute, 407 Tavern St., New Harmony (with elevator access)
No cost to participants. To register for this free series of 6 classes, call the WMI at 812-682-4806.
These classes are made possible through a grant from the Indiana Arts Commission as part of the Lifelong Arts Indiana.
New Harmony’s sponsoring partners for these weaving classes are the Working Men’s Institute, Raintree Cottage Textile School, and Design Bank 505.
Add some textile fun to your winter/early spring!