The estimated price tag on a weekend in New Harmony varies wildly. If you’re looking for equity theatre, world-class concerts, plein air fine art sale, professional lecture series, a screenplay Chautauqua or a spot to host your spiritual retreat, you’re in luck. We can do all that and at respectable market rate.
But have you been to our town on a whim? No plans or reservations? No season tickets? One of New Harmony’s great gifts is that it can be enjoyed last minute, freeform and FREE.
This is Utopia DIY: no stress and no sticker shock.
FREE and CHEAP STUFF weekly, monthly, sometimes
- Thursday circle of friends
- Saturday Farmer’s Market
- Saturday Moonlight Walks at Cathedral Labyrinth
- Saturday Auctions at Wilson’s – proceeds from popcorn go to charity
- Quarterly Arts and Antique strolls – free refreshments and amazing art
- Year-round WMI lecture series
- Annual Antique Fest – check the calendar
- Community dinners – mostly in the winter months
- Music on Main Street – you never know
- Golf Cart drive-in movies – once in a blue moon
FREE AND CHEAP STUFF all the time
- Cell phone tour of New Harmony attractions
- Workingmen’s Institute art, books and collections – FREE admission and FREE Wi-Fi
- Murphy Park and Maclure Park Playgrounds
- Roofless Church
- Tillich Park
- Little Chapel
- window shopping
- groomed walking/carting/biking paths
- public art
- pop-up and DIY concerts at the Roofless
DO share: our list isn’t exhaustive by any means…feel free to send us your favorites!