413 Granary st., New Harmony, Indiana 47631
The Granary is an outstanding example of Harmonist architecture and is individually documented in the Historic American Building Survey. This structure was originally built by the Harmonie Society in 1818. In 1827, after the end of the Owen/Maclure experiment, the Granary became Williams Maclure’s property. In 1843, David Dale Owen gained possession of the building and converted the space for use as a geological laboratory. In 1948, Owen descendant Kenneth Dale Owen purchased the building. The structure underwent extensive restoration and reconstruction from 1997-1999, and is currently owned by the Rapp Granary-Owen Foundation.